Historic Train Depot
Our historic train depot was originally built in 1888, just two years after the Town of Pulaski was chartered by the Commonwealth. Crafted from Peak Creek granite by Italian stone masons, the station held strong until it was sadly destroyed by a fire in 2008. After careful reconstruction, the restored station was dedicated in June of 2011 with the original stone walls intact.
The station features meeting/event space which can be rented. The Town partnered with the Pulaski County Chamber of Commerce which operates the Marketplace farmers' market at the train station on Tuesday evenings from April to September. The Marketplace has cultivated a loyal following and has helped promote local foods and artisans.
Train Station Rental Information
The Pulaski Train Station is a fantastic space for use in meetings and events suitable for small venues. Below are a few guidelines to remember when renting the train station for your own purposes.
- Your application must be made through the Town Manager's office, either in person or by phone. Your reservation is only confirmed through signed contract and payment in full. Inspections are made before and after your event, and any damages will be the responsibility of the user. Rental applications may be picked up in the Town Manager Secretary's Office on the 2nd floor of the Municipal Building or you can download a virtual copy here,, which you may then print out and bring to either Marion Wojcik in the Town Manager Secretary's Office or Jackie Morris in the Finance Department.
- The individual who signs the contract is responsible for seeing that all participants on the property are supervised.
- You may cancel your reservation contract and receive a full refund if the cancellation request is made at least seven days before the rental date. If the request is made within those seven days you may either reschedule for another date or receive a 50% refund on your original deposit. Please send all cancellation and refund requests to Marion Wojcik, Administrative Assistant to the Town Manager, PO Box 660, Pulaski, VA 24301.
- Private catering is the responsibility of the renter.
- ANY ALCOHOL, either sold, served or consumed at events held at the train station, requires advanced review and approval of both the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) and the Town of Pulaski. It is solely the responsibility of the renter to secure an ABC license.
- Failure to obey rules and/or directions of the rental staff during your visit will result in your removal from the facility without a refund.
- Renters must provide their own laptop with HDMI cable for use with projector and accompanying screen.
- All decorations must be removed and properly disposed of prior to the end of your event. Trash must be disposed of in the provided trash cans, and leave tables and chairs set up when you leave the station.
- The renter will agree to hold harmless the Town of Pulaski from any claims of any nature arising out of their activities and use of the facility.
- Town employees can use the train station at a 50% discount.
- ILLEGAL DRUGS, WEAPONS, OR SMOKING ARE PROHIBITED AT THE TRAIN STATION.
If you have any remaining questions regarding rental of the Train Station, please contact the Town Manager's office at (540) 994-8696.Train Station Rental Application